INTERNET BOOKSHOP: SELLING BOOKS SINCE 1998
ORDER 2 OR MORE BOOKS: RECEIVE 20% DISCOUNT !!
PO Box 176, Annandale NSW 2038, Australia.
Phone: (02) 9550-1258 (late afternoon or message).
BOOKS FOR SALE:
ESOTERIC ** NEW AGE ** SPIRITUALISM ** PSYCHICS ** MEDIUMS ** COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH ** ALTERNATIVE HEALTH ** CHIROPRACTIC ** OSTEOPATHY ** NATUROPATHY ** HOMEOPATHY ** HERBALISM ** ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE ** BACH FLOWER REMEDIES ** SPIRITUAL HEALING ** FAITH HEALING ** Includes SKEPTICAL CRITIQUES.
Check this on our online database, updated weekly !!
All books are in stock (except for a few recent sales). Plus postage at cost.
We offer 20% discount for orders of 2 or more books.
1. Abbott, Peter; Abbott, Tegan (2011). Eucalyptus Oil: Australia's Natural Wonder (2nd ed). City Not Stated: Peter & Tegan Abbott. 178 pp. Paperback, very good condition, black & white vignettes & text-photos, pages faintly toned as usual. (Second edition stated, estimated date, 2011 - internal evidence.) Subtitle: Uses - production - history - real life stories - tips - recipes. Cover subtitle: Hints & tips - over 200 uses inside. Dedicated to Joseph Bosisto C. M. G. (1824 - 1898), the Australian pioneer who was the first to produce eucalyptus oil commercially, and who spent the next 45 years fostering its use worldwide. ISBN: 9780646575469. Our Book No: 14880. $15 AUD.
2. Adams, Alison (2010). Chronic Fatigue, ME and Fibromyalgia: The Natural Recovery Plan (1st ed). London: Watkins Publishing. 244 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, figures, minor edgewear & creases. This book is a clear, insightful, informative and sympathetic guide for sufferers of chronic fatigue and practitioners alike. The author has suffered a lifetime of chronic illness. ISBN: 9781906787622. Our Book No: 13884. $16 AUD.
3. Adams, Patch (1998). Gesundheit! Bringing Good Health to You, the Medical System, and Society Through Physician Service, Complementary Therapies, Humor, and Joy (Reprint ed). Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press. 227 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, black & white text-photos, minor edgewear. The story of Patch Adams, MD, and his lifetime quest to introduce humour to life and transform the American healthcare system. He has devoted his life to giving away health care. Doctor, clown, man of many hats, he is the founder of the Gesundheit Institute, a home-based medical practice in West Virginia that has treated 15000 people for free. ISBN: 089281781X. Our Book No: 24084. $10 AUD.
4. Allardice, Pamela (1995). Natural Remedies A - Z (Reprint ed). Sydney: HarperCollins. 178 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, recipes, remainder star. This is a handy shopper's guide to health and nutrition-related products. It is written in a practical, clear, interesting and easy to read form. The author does say that this book is only to be used as a reference, and to consult a doctor, qualified naturopath, or natural therapist for serious health problems. ISBN: 0732251354. Our Book No: 21570. $10 AUD.
5. Allenby, Guy (2008). Ian Gawler: The Dragon's Blessing (1st ed). Sydney: Allen & Unwin. 342 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, black & white & colour photos centre spread, minimal edgewear, autograph (subject's written dedication). The inspiring life story of Australian cancer survivor and renowned healer, Ian Gawler. In 1974, an ambitious young veterinarian and athlete developed bone cancer in his right leg, which was amputated. In 1984, Ian Gawler's legendary bestseller "You Can Conquer Cancer" was published. Today, Gawler is a world-renowned pioneer in the therapeutic application of mind-body medicine and meditation. The Gawler Foundation offers residential programs and day workshops to cancer patients and their families. An honest, unflinching and illuminating portrait of an unorthodox, compassionate and courageous Australian. ISBN: 9781741756081. Our Book No: 15356. $20 AUD.
6. Anderson, John; Monk, Rich (with) (1991). Psychic Phenomena Unveiled: Confessions of a New Age Warlock. Lafayette, LA: Huntington House. 202 pp. Paperback trade, good plus condition, pages lightly toned. The former high priest of an occult group reveals the trickery behind miracles such as walking on hot coals, psychic readings, and stopping the heart. He later became a Christian. ISBN: 0910311498. Our Book No: 3439. $10 AUD.
7. Angoff, Allan (1974). Eileen Garrett and the World Beyond the Senses. New York: William Morrow. 241 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), dual binding (has superior binding along spine), reverse side jacket faintly foxed (flap clipped), minor edgewear, protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. A biography of the famed 20th-century psychic, Eileen J Garrett. It tells both the public and private story of a remarkable woman with psychic gifts. It offers an account of her work associations with many international notables, including, Aldous Huxley, Arthur Conan Doyle and Dr J B Rhine. Garrett set us the Parapsychology Foundation in New York to promote the scientific study of psychic phenomena. ISBN: 0688002501. Our Book No: 16843. $20 AUD.
8. Auerbach, Loyd (1996). Mind over Matter: A Comprehensive Guide to Discovering Your Psychic Powers. New York: Kensington Books. 340 pp. Paperback thick trade, very good condition, black & white photos, top corner front cover little creased, minor edgewear, remainder stripe. A respected parapsychologist writes about how our minds affect ourselves and the world around us. There are 16 pages of photos. ISBN: 1575660474. Our Book No: 23312. $10 AUD.
9. Bandler, Richard; Grinder, John; Andreas, Steve (editor) (1992). Frogs into Princes: Neuro Linguistic Programming (Reprint ed) [Neurolinguistic Programming: NLP]. Moab, UT: Real People Press. 194 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, edges minimally foxed, minor edgewear. A transcript of a seminar in which Richard Bandler and John Grinder present their views on neurolinguistic programming (NLP) to other therapists. Nonverbal communication is an important element in the NLP method. ISBN: 0911226192. Our Book No: 14975. $25 AUD.
10. Basil, Robert (editor) (1988). Not Necessarily the New Age: Critical Essays (1st ed). Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books. 395 pp. Hardback large octavo, dustjacket, good condition (in good dustjacket), closed tear spine ends jacket (light foxing reverse side, minor edgewear), light foxing edges & endpapers & spine, tiny tear top spine. This book is a thorough, rigorous, and skeptical analysis of the New Age. The 18 essays are witty, authoritative, and informative. The essay writers take a long, hard look at the beliefs and practices of America's recent spiritual revival. The subjects cover a wide range-from reincarnation and clairvoyance to trance-channeling and transpersonal psychology. Carl Sagan, J. Gordon Melton, Martin Gardner, Ted Schultz, Philip J. Klass, Paul Edwards, Maureen O'Hara, and Susan Blackmore are some of the writers that examine the pseudoscientific basis of new age beliefs. ISBN: 0879754907. Our Book No: 29101. $20 AUD.
11. Benoist, Luc (1988). The Esoteric Path: An Introduction to the Hermetic Tradition (1st U.K. ed). Wellingborough: Crucible / Aquarian Press. 128 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear. Covers primordial, eastern Hindu, Buddhist, Tao, Zen and western Hebrew, Christian, Islamic esoteric traditions. ISBN: 1852740434. Our Book No: 2780. $15 AUD.
12. Beyerman Alster, Kristine (1990). The Holistic Health Movement (Reprint ed). Tuscaloosa, AL: University of Alabama Press. 220 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), minor edgewear jacket (crease top corners flaps). A serious critical analysis of the holistic health movement. ISBN: 0817304169. Our Book No: 24291. $14 AUD.
13. Beyerstein, Barry L. (editor); Beyerstein, Dale F. (editor) (1992). The Write Stuff: Evaluations of Graphology: The Study of Handwriting Analysis. New York: Prometheus Books. 515 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good plus dustjacket), rubber stamps. Heavy, and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. Gives open-minded readers an overview (though mostly skeptical) of the best evidence available on both sides of the dispute about graphology (handwriting analysis). (Rubber stamp of retired Australian parapsychologist, Harvey J. Irwin.). ISBN: 0879756128. Our Book No: 20107. $25 AUD.
14. Black, Dean (1993). Pigs in the Dirt: How a Little Common Sense Can Help Resolve the Healthcare Mess. Springville, UT: Tapestry Press. 148 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition. Argues - based on well-documented scientific literature - that traditional medicine (dramatic curative silver bullets) and natural healthcare (eg, herbal remedies, dietary supplements, ie, helping the body to heal itself) provide two complementary realities that can support each other. Unfortunately, political expediency in the United States is pushing us to continue the current failed disease-treatment system. A fundamental re-evaluation of medical philosophy is required. ISBN: 0929283333. Our Book No: 3542. $12 AUD.
15. Brittain, Julia (2006). Plants, People & Places: The Plant Lover's Companion (1st ed). Newton Abbot, Devon: David & Charles. 191 pp. Paperback trade (with flaps), very good condition, black & white drawings, black & white text-photos, minor edgewear. This book looks at the origins of the plants that are grown in gardens today. This useful readable book is illustrated throughout with archive pictures of plants and plantsmen. This book will be ideal for plant lover's and gardeners everywhere. ISBN: 9780715324219. Our Book No: 29260. $18 AUD.
16. Byron, Julie (1993). Amazing Psychic Experiences of the Famous. Leicestershire: Tynron Press. 234 pp. Paperback wide trade, very good condition, black & white photos, faint foxing top edge, light creases covers, minor edgewear. Australian writer examines the mysterious and often puzzling experiences by famous people from all walks of life. ISBN: 1856460347. Our Book No: 26320. $20 AUD.
17. Cabot, Sandra; Beckham, Nancy (2005). Tired of Not Sleeping? A Complete & Practical Guide to Overcoming Insomnia (1st ed). Sydney, Camden: WHAS Pty Ltd. 206 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear. The authors (G.P. & naturopath) provide a wholistic (holistic) program for a good night's sleep. ISBN: 0975743600. Our Book No: 26191. $15 AUD.
18. Caddy, Eileen (1987). Foundations of Findhorn (Reprint ed). Moray, Scotland: Findhorn Press. 154 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, corner tip lightly creased single page, minor edgewear. Self-help messages, in the form of poetry, from the co-founder of the Findhorn spiritual community, Scotland. ISBN: 0905249291. Our Book No: 23235. $10 AUD.
19. Cassell, Eric J. (1978). The Healer's Art: A New Approach to the Doctor-Patient Relationship (1st p/b ed) [Pelican Original]. Harmondsworth: Pelican Books / Penguin Books. 208 pp. Paperback, very good condition, pages little toned as usual, corners covers little creased, minor edgewear. A classic text by clinical professor of public health (Cornell) argues that curing the disease and healing the patient are two different processes. Views both doctor and patient as whole persons who must have sympathetic interaction. ISBN: 0140218432. Our Book No: 2657. $10 AUD.
20. Cawthorne, Nigel (2003). Witch Hunt: History of a Persecution. Wigton, Leics: Capella / Arcturus Publishing. 239 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, maps, few black & white drawings, minimal edgewear. Between 1450 and 1750, more than 100,000 people - mainly women - in Europe and colonial America were prosecuted for practising harmful magic and worshipping the devil. Tens of thousands were executed, often after being subjected to bestial tortures. Examines this persecution, and the religious hysteria which inspired it, tracing its roots back to the savage suppression of the heretical Waldensian sect by the Catholic Church. With the creation of the Inquisition, and the publication of the book 'Witchfinders' Bible', the craze soon spread across Europe and reached as far as the United States where, despite the infamy of the Salem Witch Trials, it was soon dismissed by a more rational population. Although witch trials continued in Scotland until 1727, Norway until 1760 and Hungary until 1777, the growth of scientific reason gradually gained ground from the witch hunters. ISBN: 1841931845. Our Book No: 16911. $10 AUD.
21. Cayce, Edgar; Sugrue, Thomas (preface) (1970). Auras: An Essay on the Meaning of Colours. Virginia Beach, VA: A. R. E. Press. 20 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition, stapled pamphlet, owner's written name. This pamphlet was the last document written by Edgar Cayce before his death in 1945. Our Book No: 1968. $10 AUD.
22. Christie-Murray, David (1978). Voices from the Gods: Speaking with Tongues (1st ed). London: Routledge & Kegan Paul. 280 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), black & white photos, light foxing top edge, bottom corners little bumped, minor edgewear jacket, rubber stamp, owner's written name. Surveys the practice of "speaking in tongues" in anthropology and religious literature. The material is arranged chronologically, from pre-Christian cultures, through the Christian experience, to 20th-century spiritualism. Followed by discussion and debate involving psychological, theological and linguistic considerations of the phenomenon. ISBN: 0710088108. Our Book No: 24458. $15 AUD.
23. Chrubasik, Sigrun; Roufogalis, Basil D. (2000). Herbal Medicinal Products for the Treatment of Pain. Lismore, NSW: Southern Cross University Press. 184 pp. Paperback wide octavo, very good plus condition, figures, tables. Academic papers based on a special interest rheumatic pain conference in 1999, presented here in a revised and expanded form. The editors are academic pharmacologists, University of Sydney. ISBN: 1875855475. Our Book No: 12102. $25 AUD.
24. Clifford, Ross; Johnson, Philip (1995). Sacred Quest: A Hard Look at Today's Search for Wholeness, Meaning and Personal Transformation (2nd ed). Sydney, Sutherland: Albatross Books. 224 pp. Paperback, very good condition, minor edgewear, light rubbing spine ends, faint foxing edges. Affirms the importance of a deeper search for healing and purpose in life, and reappraises these pathways from a Christian perspective. ISBN: 073241024X. Our Book No: 24530. $13 AUD.
25. Coddington, Mary; Gutman, William (foreword) (1990). Seekers of the Healing Energy: Reich, Cayce, the Kahumas, and Other Masters of the Vital Force. Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press. 191 pp. Paperback trade, good plus condition, endpapers & edges lightly foxed, minor edgewear. The search for a mysterious healing energy that has always fascinated the human mind and spirit leads inevitably to an exploration of the true nature of consciousness. ISBN: 089281313X. Our Book No: 19287. $10 AUD.
26. Cohen, Andrew (2006). Follow the Other Hand: A Remarkable Fable that will Energize Your Business, Profits, and Life (1st ed). New York: St Martin's Press. 176 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, as new condition (in as new dustjacket). A fable written to help you discover innovative ways to dramatically improve your business. Uses magic (conjuring) as a metaphor. The author is a consultant to some of the world's largest companies (eg, Time Warner, Nestle, JPMorgan), but also a member of the Society of American Magicians. The table concerns Jonathan West and his failing olive oil business. The magician consultant takes him on a journey of creativity and innovation that helps to energize the whole business strategy. ISBN: 0312357931. Our Book No: 14661. $13 AUD.
27. Cohen, Daniel (1994). Encyclopedia of Ghosts. London: Michael O'Mara Books. 278 pp. Paperback, very good condition. A fascinating collection of famous ghost stories worldwide. ISBN: 1854799762. Our Book No: 17044. $10 AUD.
28. Collison, David R.; Hall, Timothy (with) (1989). Why Do I Feel So Awful? Sydney: Angus & Robertson. 468 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition, minor edgewear. Australian physician describes clinical ecology, a drug-free approach to medicine. How to recognise and overcome the devastating illnesses caused by everyday foods and common chemicals. ISBN: 0207157316. Our Book No: 14384. $20 AUD.
29. Cottingham, John T. (1987). Healing through Touch: A History and a Review of the Physiological Evidence (Reprint ed). Boulder: Rolf Institute. 187 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, figures, minor edgewear, light creasing & edge tear rear cover, faint foxing edges. This book is a survey of the scientific investigations into the "mechanisms" which underlie somatic approaches and how this experimental evidence supports their therapeutic uses. This book will interest practitioners, teachers, researchers, and writers in these therapeutic disciplines. ISBN: 0930385012. Our Book No: 24255. $10 AUD.
30. Coudert, Jo (2010). The Dog who Healed a Family and Other True Animal Stories that Warm the Heart & Touch the Soul. Sydney, Chatswood: Mira Books. 182 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, minor crease front cover. A charming collection of stories about dogs and other animals. The very special stories are of hope, humour, triumph, loyalty, compassion, life and death. ISBN: 9781021685972. Our Book No: 26203. $13 AUD.
31. Craze, Richard (2004). Alexander Technique (Reprint ed). London: Hodder & Stoughton. 151 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings, minor edgewear, few tiny dents rear cover. Provides a practical, simple and effective guide to the Alexander Technique using a series of practical exercises and procedures that you can try out for yourself. The book is illustrated with many fully labelled and informative diagrams. ISBN: 0340648198. Our Book No: 24494. $13 AUD.
32. Crookall, Robert (1981). Psychic Breathing: Cosmic Vitality from the Air (Reprint ed). Wellingborough: Aquarian Press. 95 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, figures, top edge lightly foxed, minor edgewear, sticker mark flyleaf. The author examines the importance of breathing as a means of elevating and expanding human consciousness. ISBN: 0850301769. Our Book No: 24602. $12 AUD.
33. Cruickshank, Kelvin (2009). Walking in the Light (Reprint ed). Rosedale, NZ: Penguin Books. 208 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear corners. A powerful and compelling autobiography of a New Zealand psychic medium, and star of the TV2 series "Sensing Murder". He shares his memories of his earliest psychic experiences in an isolated rural environment, and his struggle to accept his gift, which lead to a complete breakdown. Kelvin gives an insight into the process of accessing the spirit world, and answers some of the questions he is regularly asked at his events, shows and readings. ISBN: 9780143011712. Our Book No: 15034. $30 AUD.
34. Danciger, Elizabeth (1987). The Emergence of Homoeopathy: Alchemy into Medicine [Homeopathy]. London: Century. 108 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, black & white drawings. This absorbing study of the historical roots of homeopathy takes us back to the collapse of the medieval medical orthodoxy, and the work of the great 16th century European alchemist and physician, Paracelsus. A lively contribution to the understanding of a medical practice and philosophy that is growing in importance and which combines the respectability of tradition and established institutions, with the intellectual challenge to orthodoxy - and gives hope and encouragement to supporters of complementary and alternative medical ideas. ISBN: 0712616241. Our Book No: 22207. $20 AUD.
35. David-Neel, Alexandra (1986). Magic and Mystery in Tibet (Reprint ed). London: Unwin Paperbacks. 224 pp. Paperback trade, good condition, black & white drawings & photos, top edge lightly foxed, pages toned, cover joins at spine creased, rear hinge little split (pages firm), spine ends little bumped & scuffed, date stamp & owner's written name front free flyleaf, cover photo differs from stock photo. This book records her fascinating travels, discoveries, and experiences in Tibet. She brings a commonsense and sceptical eye to the practices and beliefs of the magicians and mystic masters of this ancient dreamland, Tibet. ISBN: 0042910196. Our Book No: 29440. $10 AUD.
36. Dearling, Alan; Hanley, Brendan (Mook Bahloo, co-pilot) (2000). Alternative Australia: Celebrating Cultural Diversity. Dorset: Enabler Publications. 247 pp. Paperback small oblong quarto, very good condition, black & white text-photos, corner front cover & title page creased, minor edgewear. A dazzling tapestry of life and energy of people living at the margins of Australian society. An alternative mix of travel, history and society. ISBN: 0952331640. Our Book No: 20619. $20 AUD.
37. Dee, John; Halliwell, James Orchard (editor) (1998). The Private Diary of Dr John Dee (Facsimile ed). Montana: Kessinger Publishing Company. 102 pp. Paperback large quarto, as new condition, flexible cover. Subtitle: "And the Catalogue of His Library of Manuscripts from the Original Manuscripts in the Ashmolean Museum at Oxford, and Trinity College Library, Cambridge." Facsimile of 1842 edition. Printed copy of POD book. John Dee (1527 - 1608) was a noted English mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, geographer, occultist, and consultant to Queen Elizabeth I. He also devoted much of his life to alchemy, divination, and Hermetic philosophy. Dee straddled the worlds of science and magic just as they were becoming distinguishable. ISBN: 1564591093. Our Book No: 3483. $18 AUD.
38. Deppe, Adolf H. (2004). Colours' Healing Shadows: An Introduction to Phototherapy. Eaton, WA: A. H. Deppe. 120 pp. Paperback wide trade, as new condition, figures, glossy paper. The material in this book strives to give the reader an overview of theoretical and practical issues in phototherapy - therapy with light and colour - that has potentially far-reaching beneficial therapeutic applications in psychological and medical clinics and similar areas once it is more clearly understood. ISBN: 0646436775. Our Book No: 14412. $30 AUD.
39. Dobbs, B. J. T. (1983). The Foundations of Newton's Alchemy [Cambridge Paperback Library]. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (CUP). 300 pp. Paperback octavo, good plus condition, top edge little foxed, bottom edge rubbed, edgewear, owner's written name title page. The famous English scientist Isaac Newton left at his death a large collection of papers on alchemy, mostly in his own handwriting. The importance of this legacy has been debated ever since. The author exhaustively chronicles the mystic climate of Newton's age. She tracks the final 30 years of Newton's life spent in diligent but fruitless quest for the Lapis Philosophorum or Philosopher's Stone. ISBN: 0521273811. Our Book No: 15717. $25 AUD.
40. Dossey, Larry (1993). Healing Words: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine (Reprint ed). New York: HarperCollins. 291 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, tables, edges lightly foxed, minor edgewear. A provocative, courageous, and instructive statement of a medical doctor rethought his own spiritual life, and found what works best for his patients. Citing case studies and case histories, he shows how prayer complements medicine. He also looks at which methods of prayer show the greatest potential for healing and how one's innate temperament and personality affect prayer style. ISBN: 0062510223. Our Book No: 24283. $15 AUD.
41. Drury, Nevill (1994). Echoes from the Void: Writings on Magic, Visionary Art and the New Consciousness. Bridport, Dorset / Sydney: Prism Press / Unity Press. 189 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, black & white photos of drawings, faint toning edges, minor edgewear. Includes a chapter on the supernatural world of Rosaleen Norton. ISBN: 185327089X. Our Book No: 22640. $13 AUD.
42. Ebon, Martin (1971). Psychic Discoveries by the Russians (1st ed). New York: Signet / New American Library. 175 pp. Paperback, very good condition, minor edgewear, slight rubbing spine ends, faint foxing inside covers & edges, two tiny dents rear cover. The author has brought together astounding yet authentic reports which reveal the remarkable parapsychological breakthroughs that Russian scientists have achieved in their studies of spontaneous cases and in laboratory research. Our Book No: 23946. $12 AUD.
43. Farrer, Frances (2002). Sir George Trevelyan and the New Spiritual Awakening (1st ed). Edinburgh: Floris Books. 203 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, black & white photos centre spread. The first biography of Sir George Trevelyan, a father of the 20th-century movement for spiritual regeneration in Britain. He espoused alternative ideas long before they were generally known. He was an enthusiastic supporter of organic farming and community living. He is known as head of a remarkable post-war experiment in adult education at Attingham College, Shropshire. In 1971, he set up the Welkin Trust to promote spiritual education. ISBN: 0863153771. Our Book No: 21769. $12 AUD.
44. Fisher, Matt (1997). The Journey Home: Holism, Human Nature and Social Change (1st ed). Adelaide, Henley Beach South: Seaview Press. 232 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, minor edgewear, corner tip bent rear cover, top corner creased one page. Describes a practical philosophy of human nature and social development for the 1990s and beyond. The author is an activist and philosopher. ISBN: 1876070463. Our Book No: 26407. $30 AUD.
45. Flaws, Bob; Schroer, Sylvia (editor) (2000). Chinese Medicine Cures Hay Fever (1st UK ed). London: Foulsham. 161 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, figures. A comprehensive guide for the lay person. He had suffered allergic rhinitis for many years before using Chinese medicine to treat it successfully. ISBN: 0572025769. Our Book No: 22131. $10 AUD.
46. Flaws, Bob; Schnyer, Rosa N.; Schroer, Sylvia (editor) (2000). Chinese Medicine Cures Depression (1st UK ed). London: Foulsham. 175 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition, figures, scratches front cover. The Chinese view depression as a symptom. Chinese medicine integrates body and mind in its treatment. The authors, specialists in Chinese medicine, have written this book as a comprehensive guide for the lay person. ISBN: 0572025777. Our Book No: 21974. $10 AUD.
47. Frazier, Claude Albee (1974). Faith Healing: Finger of God? or Scientific Curiosity? (Reprint ed). New York: Thomas Nelson. 192 pp. Paperback trade, good plus condition, pages lightly toned, spine lightly creased, minor edgewear. A non-conventional medical examination of the role of faith in healing. ISBN: 0840755600. Our Book No: 24411. $10 AUD.
48. Frieser, Petra (2006). Ginger: The Flavours and the Flowers (1st ed). Queensland: Pebbles in the Sky. 94 pp. Paperback small square quarto, very good plus condition, colour text-photos (most full-page). This well-illustrated book is about ginger and the beautiful exotic flowers that belong to the ginger family and the flavours where ginger in its culinary form is used in recipes. ISBN: 9780980306804. Our Book No: 28432. $25 AUD.
49. Gardner, Martin (1957). Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science (Revised, modern reprint ed). New York: Dover Publications. 363 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, few minor creases. Cover subtitle: "The curious theories of modern pseudoscientists and the strange, amusing and alarming cults that surround them. A study of human gullibility." A skeptic who is critical of UFOs, Bridey Murphy, Wilhelm Reich, Ron Hubbard, psionic machines, Dr W. E. Bates, etc. ISBN: 0486203948. Our Book No: 7738. $13 AUD.
50. Garrett, Eileen J. (1955). The Sense and Nonsense of Prophecy (Reprint ed). New York: Creative Age Press. 279 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, good condition (in good dustjacket), black endpapers, rear cover jacket stained (flap clipped, edgewear & edge tears), pages lightly toned, owner's rubber stamp. Originally published, 1950; this is the 1955 reprint. Part autobiography of the Irish-American psychic and medium who became a keen promoter of parapsychology. But mostly (from front cover): "a witty intelligent analysis of soothsayers and false prophets, who do a business in billions ... A gem of a book that definitely distinguishes fact from fancy." Our Book No: 15738. $15 AUD.
51. Garrett, Eileen J. (1960). Awareness (Reprint ed). New York: Helix Press / Garrett Publications. 308 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, good condition (in fair dustjacket), cloth cover edges & top spine flecked, small pieces missing spine jacket (edgewear, stains), bookshop rubber stamp, protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. Irish-American medium and founder of the Parapsychology Foundation discusses the nature of psychic awareness. Our Book No: 15902. $15 AUD.
52. Garrett, Eileen J. (1969). Many Voices: The Autobiography of a Medium (1st U.K. ed). London: George Allen & Unwin. 256 pp. Hardback octavo, no jacket (missing) (flaps loosely inserted), fair condition (internally very good condition), bottom edge few rear pages stained, page edges foxed (few small edge tears), minimal annotation, non-author written dedication. Autobiography of the American medium who later in life supported the scientific study of psychic phenomena (parapsychology). ISBN: 0049200216. Our Book No: 16847. $15 AUD.
53. Gawler, Ian (2001). You Can Conquer Cancer: Prevention & Management (New ed). Melbourne: Michelle Anderson Publishing. 259 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, tables, minimal edgewear. New edition. By the founder of an innovative cancer support program - and recovered cancer patient. ISBN: 0855723203. Our Book No: 15330. $10 AUD.
54. Gawler, Ian (editor) (1995). Inspiring People: Stories of Remarkable Recovery and Hope from The Gawler Foundation (1st ed). Melbourne, Yarra Junction: Gawler Foundation. 128 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, top edge lightly foxed, pages lightly toned. Presents stories of patient's experiences of hope, healing and recovery from cancer, using Ian and Grace Gawler's complementary and holistic methods. ISBN: 0958646104. Our Book No: 25365. $18 AUD.
55. Geffen, Jeremy (2000). The Journey Through Cancer (1st ed). London: Vermilion. 289 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, pages faintly toned, minor edgewear. Dr Geffen, an American oncologist, pioneered the notion of pairing traditional medical treatment with alternative treatments, particularly Ayurvedic and Tibetan medicine. He attempts to rebuild the bridge between body, mind, heart and spirit to help those with cancer. ISBN: 0091851602. Our Book No: 20505. $10 AUD.
56. Giles, Bill; Pattugalan, Theresa (sketches) (2000). No More Chronic Fatigue: Improving Immune Strength and Efficiency (1st ed). Canberra: National Institute of Biological Medicine (NIBM). 136 pp. Paperback quarto, very good condition, colour tables, figures, corners creased, minor scratches covers, minor edgewear, autograph (author's written name). This is a self-help book about improving the immune system, and preventing chronic fatigue. It involves grain removal from the diet and customised medicines available from NIBM. The author is a biologist with a lifetime interest in physical and mental health. He is a recognised yoga teacher and has taught courses at the Australian National University and for the Australian Institute of Sport. Loosely inserted: brochure about the book from NIBM. ISBN: 0646397427. Our Book No: 21792. $40 AUD.
57. Glenville, Marilyn (1997). Natural Alternatives to HRT (Reprint ed). London: Kyle Cathie. 228 pp. Paperback wide octavo, very good condition, tiny bump top edge front cover, bottom corner little creased rear cover. British psychologist and nutritional therapist recommends natural alternatives to hormone replacement therapy (HRT). ISBN: 1856262545. Our Book No: 7840. $15 AUD.
58. Glenville, Marilyn (2000). Natural Alternatives to HRT Cookbook (1st ed). London: Kyle Cathie. 192 pp. Hardback small quarto, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good dustjacket), full-page colour photos, minimal edgewear jacket. Heavy, and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. British psychologist and nutritional therapist recommends natural alternatives to hormone replacement therapy (HRT). This lavishly illustrated cookbook will make cooking and eating healthy food full of fun. Full of recipes rich in phytoestrogens, which are scientifically proven to have an estrogen-like effect and so help to alleviate menopausal symptoms. Offers natural answers as well as giving you an eating pattern for general health. ISBN: 1856263568. Our Book No: 24014. $28 AUD.
59. Hall, Dorothy (1984). What's Wrong with You? How Natural Therapies can Help (1st ed). Melbourne: Nelson. 200 pp. Paperback small quarto, very good condition, black & white text-photos & drawings, colour photos, minor edgewear, faint foxing top edge, slight crease spine. In practical everyday language, the author takes each part of the body, discusses what can go wrong, then describes how natural therapies (naturopathy) can prevent or alleviate a wide range of common illnesses. ISBN: 0170060748. Our Book No: 1278. $18 AUD.
60. Hall, Dorothy (1989). Iridology: How to Discover Your Own Pattern of Health and Well-Being Through the Eye (Reprint ed). Melbourne: Viking O'Neil / Penguin Books. 241 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings (including end papers), colour text-photos, spine lightly faded. Reissue of the bestselling book on iridology (originally published, 1980). By the popular Australian naturopath and herbalist, and author of bestselling "The Natural Health Book". ISBN: 0670901563. Our Book No: 16533A. $18 AUD.
61. Harrison, Lewis; Canfield, Jack (foreword) (2004). Healing Depression Naturally. New York: Twin Streams / Kensington Publishing. 252 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, pages lightly toned, minor edgewear. Describes a 12-week program and will teach about the arsenal of herbs that fight depression, aromatherapy, breathing exercises to expel repressed negative emotions, colors that influence your feelings, ancient Eastern techniques utilizing touch and massage that release cellular memory blocks and buried emotions, telling jokes, dancing, and journal-keeping. ISBN: 0758205384. Our Book No: 16816. $25 AUD.
62. Hayes, Alan; Lovelock, Penny (1995). Health Scents (Reprint ed). Sydney: Angus & Robertson. 122 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white & colour drawings, corners lightly creased few pages, minor edgewear. Written by the author of "It's So Natural". An introduction to the use of essential oils, and the ways in which these aromatic substances can be incorporated into your daily life. ISBN: 0207182299. Our Book No: 23831. $10 AUD.
63. Haynes, Antony J. (2004). The Insulin Factor: Can't Lose Weight? Can't Concentrate? Can't Resist Sugar? Could Syndrome X Be Your Problem? London: Thorsons / HarperCollins. 244 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, minor edgewear. The British nutritionist explains his plan to take control of your metabolism and overcome insulin resistance. ISBN: 0007163770. Our Book No: 16046. $10 AUD.
64. Hess, David J. (1993). Science in the New Age: The Paranormal, its Defenders and the Debunkers, and American Culture. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press. 243 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, edges faintly foxed, minor edgewear. A cultural anthropology academic explores ideologies of the paranormal in the United States. He offers a map of the labyrinth of views put forward by parapsychologists, skeptical debunkers, spirit channelers and crystal healers, Hollywood poltergeist scripts, and prophets of the New Age. ISBN: 0299138240. Our Book No: 10768A. $15 AUD.
65. Hill, Scott Russell (2006). Psychic Detective: A Spiritual Investigation into Unsolved Crimes. Sydney: Pan Macmillan. 241 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, colour & black & white photos, cover corners little creased, pages faintly toned, minor edgewear, owner's written name. The author, Australian psychic Scott Russell Hill appeared on "Sensing Murder", a TV show that used psychic clues to investigate unsolved murders. He writes about his journey through the netherworld of cold cases and the clues he receives from the other side. Cases include the Claremont serial killings, Karmein Chan and Mr Cruel, the Beaumont children's disappearance in the 60s, Queensland's Daniel Morcombe, and two of New Zealand's most puzzling cases. ISBN: 9781405037402. Our Book No: 29170. $25 AUD.
66. Hoting, Hans; Langham, Tony (translation) (1990). Chinese Health Balls: Practical Exercises (1st ed). Holland: Binkey Kok Publications. 106 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, black & white drawings & photos. A very practical guide to the use of the Chinese health balls. ISBN: 9074597033. Our Book No: 20938. $12 AUD.
67. Howard-Wright, Miriam (1991). Ghosts: Eyewitness Ghostly Encounters (Reissue ed). Perth: Concept Media. 221 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition, full-page black & white text-photos, pages lightly toned as usual, top edge faintly foxed, single page corner tip folded, minor edgewear & rubbing. The author relates various ghost sightings in Western Australia, and the strong emotions displayed by people having these encounters. (Originally published, 1980, this being an undated reissue, estimated 1991, Trove catalogue.). ISBN: 0908112653. Our Book No: 7786. $14 AUD.
68. Isaacs, Jennifer (1996). A Companion Guide to Bush Food (1st ed). Sydney: Lansdowne Press. 158 pp. Paperback tall narrow trade, very good condition, colour text-photos, spine ends minimally bumped, minor edgewear. This pocket edition has been published to accompany the author's "Bush Food". This concise clear compendium lists the kinds of foods eaten by Aborigines. The foods are listed alphabetically by common name for easy reference, and there are more than 100 photos. The book explains how the foods are gathered and caught, prepared and cooked, and contains notes on their nutritional value. ISBN: 1863025146. Our Book No: 28903. $30 AUD.
69. Isaacson, Rupert (2009). The Horse Boy: A Father's Quest to Heal His Son (1st stated ed). New York: Little, Brown & Company. 357 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), colour photos, pages faintly toned, small dent fore-edge rear cover, spine ends lightly bumped, minor edgewear jacket (flap clipped), non-author written dedication. This is the story of Rowan, an American boy who has autism, and his parents who through their love of horses and determination to help their son, travel to Outer Mongolia, to meet the traditional healers there. They discovered that Rowan had connected with a neighbour's horse named Betsy, and soon began to speak and improve remarkably. ISBN: 9780316008235. Our Book No: 27926. $14 AUD.
70. Ivker, Robert S. (2000). Sinus Survival: The Holistic Medical Treatment for Allergies, Colds, and Sinusitis (4th, reprint ed). New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher / Putnam. 380 pp. Paperback wide trade, very good condition, figures, tiny tear top edge one page, corner tip front cover creased, minor edgewear. Discusses holistic medical advice for the treatment, prevention, and cure of sinusitis, allergies and colds. ISBN: 9781585420582. Our Book No: 26126. $14 AUD.
71. Jefferies, Jennifer (2005). Seven Steps to Sanity: For Anyone who Wants to Have It All Without Sacrificing Their Health, Sense of Humour or Sanity along the Way (Revised ed) [7 Steps to Sanity]. [Townsville]: Living Energy Publishing / Jennifer Jefferies. 115 pp. Paperback wide trade, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear. A realistic, achievable and easy-to-incorporate plan, involving aromatherapy, that will help to achieve self-actualization and restore and maintain a healthy lifestyle. ISBN: 0957818114. Our Book No: 25670. $10 AUD.
72. Jones, Prudence; Pennick, Nigel (1997). A History of Pagan Europe. London: Routledge. 262 pp. Paperback large octavo, very good plus condition, black & white text-plates, maps, minor edgewear. Describes the hidden history of Europe, the persistence of its native religion in various forms from ancient times right up to the present day. Defines the word "pagan" and describe the various types of religious traditions to be found in history. The whole of Europe is covered, starting with the earliest records. A fascinating book for anyone interested in religious history. ISBN: 0415158044. Our Book No: 29412. $30 AUD.
73. Keene, M. Lamar; Spraggett, Alan (told to) & Rauscher, Rev. William (foreword) (1977). The Psychic Mafia. New York: Dell Publishing. 173 pp. Paperback small, very good condition, black & white photos centre spread, edges tinted blue, pages & inside covers lightly toned, spine faintly creased, minor edgewear. Documents the fraudulent tricks used by spiritualist mediums, based on his personal experience at Camp Chesterfield, Indiana. ISBN: 044016849X. Our Book No: 3923. $30 AUD.
74. Kendrick, Nita (editor); Bell, Shirley (editor) (1980 - 1989). Australian Spiritual Healer (25 issues). Melbourne, East Bentleigh: ASHA: Australian Spiritual Healers Association. Each issue: 28 to 32 pp. Each issue: Booklet, wide paperback format (stapled pamphlet, staples rusted), very good condition. Bimonthly magazine about Spiritualist spiritual healing in Australia. Consists of 1975-6 (1 issue), 1980 (1), 84 (4), 85 (2), 86 (3), 87 (4), 88 (3), 89 (4), 93-94 (2). Our Book No: 2284. $100 AUD.
75. Kiat, Hosen (2002). Eastwest Medical Makeover: 14 days to Feeling Fabulous [East West Medical Makeover]. Sydney, St Leonards: Image of Distinction. 159 pp. Paperback trade (with flaps), very good condition, colour text-photos, minor edgewear, owner's written name. Australian cardiologist describes the best of Western and Eastern medicine (including nutrition) to improve your health. ISBN: 0958033501. Our Book No: 9908. $20 AUD.
76. King, Serge (1997). Kahuna Healing (Reprint ed). Wheaton, IL: Quest / Theosophical Publishing House. 173 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, tiny mark fore-edge, spine little creased, minor edgewear. Mental healing techniques by indigenous Hawaiians. ISBN: 0835605728. Our Book No: 13797. $10 AUD.
77. Koenig, Harold G.; Lewis, Gregg (with) (2004). The Healing Connection: The Story of a Physician's Search for the Link between Faith and Health. Philadelphia: Templeton Foundation Press. 204 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear. Founder and director of Duke University Centre for the Study of Religion/Spirituality and Health, Dr Koenig shares the remarkable story of how his personal struggle with chronic disease became the catalyst for pioneering research that is changing the heart of medicine. ISBN: 1932031650. Our Book No: 21645. $10 AUD.
78. Krieger, Dolores (1979). The Therapeutic Touch: How to Use Your Hands to Help or to Heal (Reprint ed). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 168 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition, drawings & text-photos, minimal foxing edges, minor edgewear & rubbing. Nursing academic revisits an ancient mode of healing and shows how therapeutic touch (hands-on-healing) can detect when a person is sick, pinpoint where the pain is, and stimulate the recuperative powers of the sick person. ISBN: 0139148124. Our Book No: 3857. $10 AUD.
79. Leavesley, J. H. (1987). Mystique, Magic and Medicine (The Healing Art of Ancient Times). Sydney: ABC Enterprises. 108 pp. Paperback trade, good condition, black & white drawings, edges faintly foxed, notable edgewear, old price marks. The Australian doctor follows the "passage of medicine" from prehistory to classical ancient Greece and Rome. Includes early medical practices in Mesopotamia, India, China and Egypt. ISBN: 0642527644. Our Book No: 16245. $10 AUD.
80. Ligato, Caterina; Karandonis, Nicholas (2012). The Australian Ghost Whisperer: The True Life Journey of Healings, Hauntings and Paranormal Experiences of a Gifted Psychic (1st ed). Sydney: Hachette. 268 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, minimal edgewear. The Australian psychic and spiritual healer shares her fascinating personal experiences dealing with the spirit world and gives an insight into the battles between good and evil. (She previously wrote a similar book on 2006.). ISBN: 9780733628160. Our Book No: 26029. $12 AUD.
81. Lim, Yoland (1986). Repetitive Strain Injuries: A Drug-Free Answer. Melbourne: Slimax Laboratories. 111 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings, minor edgewear. The author has developed a simple and effective program for the self-treatment of RSI. ISBN: 0864360266. Our Book No: 22239. $10 AUD.
82. Litvag, Irving (1972). Singer in the Shadows: The Strange Story of Patience Worth (Reprint ed) [Pearl Curran]. New York: Macmillan. 293 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in fair dustjacket), fore-edge untrimmed, flap clipped jacket (section rear cover covered both sides by large sticker, edge tears repaired, reverse side little toned, small stains, edgewear), protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. Biography of an uneducated American housewife from St Louis, Pearl Curran, who channels by automatic writing a 17th century woman, Patience Worth. Our Book No: 2976. $12 AUD.
83. Machado, Karina (2014). Love Never Dies: True Australian Stories of After-Death Contact (1st ed). Sydney: Pan Macmillan. 274 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, front cover little creased, minor edgewear corners. The author interviewed over 60 Australians who reveal their stories of sensing the spirit of a late loved one. The book is written with compassion, grace and skill, and reports the indestructibility of love. ISBN: 9781742613963. Our Book No: 28606. $18 AUD.
84. Macrae, Janet (1988). Therapeutic Touch: A Practical Guide (1st ed). New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 95 pp. Paperback, very good condition, black & white drawings, minor edgewear. A nursing academic describes this gentle noninvasive healing technique that is being increasingly used inside and outside the health professions. ISBN: 039475588X. Our Book No: 10626. $10 AUD.
85. Maddocks, Morris (1985). The Christian Healing Ministry (Reprint ed). London: SPCK. 243 pp. paperback trade, good condition, edges & endpapers lightly foxed & rubbed, minor edgewear. ISBN: 0281037604. Our Book No: 15068. $10 AUD.
86. Maitland, Hokaku Jeffrey (2010). Mind Body Zen: Waking Up to Your Life. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books. 223 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, few black & white drawings, minor edgewear. Helps to bridge the east-west gap in spiritual practice. The author is a long-time zen student, world-renowned rolfer, and former philosophy professor. He discusses many of the common misunderstandings about Zen Buddhism, and explains the power of simple, direct experience that is the heart of Zen. He uses his rolfing experiences and years of applied meditation practice to offer techniques for healers in many systems and disciplines to work more effectively with their clients. ISBN: 9781556439049. Our Book No: 29413. $16 AUD.
87. Maroon, Joseph C.; Bost, Jeffrey (2006). Fish Oil: The Natural Anti-Inflammatory. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications. 172 pp. Paperback small octavo, very good condition. Based on thousands of clinical studies, explains how the inflammation process works, and how it can evolve into a chronic condition that causes many diseases. Why the risks of pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories outweigh their benefits. How fatty acids work in the body to balance inflammatory and anti-inflammatory forces, and how this balance can be disrupted by factors now common in Western society, such as unbalanced diet, lack of exercise, and environmental toxins. Why supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids restore the body's balance and mitigate inflammatory factors. Why fish oil is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids, and how to identify quality fish oil supplements. ISBN: 1591201829. Our Book No: 15172. $10 AUD.
88. McCreery, Charles; Joy, Sir George (foreword) (1973). Psychical Phenomena and the Physical World [Proceedings of the Institute of Psychophysical Research]. Oxford: Institute of Psychophysical Research. 138 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good plus dustjacket), flap clipped jacket, rubber stamps. Describes the author's parapsychological studies, including birth order and ESP, and the acceleration of the alpha rhythm in the ESP state. Has separate chapters on lucid dreams, out-of-body experiences, apparitions, materializations and psychokinesis (pk). (Rubber stamp of the library of Australian psychologist and parapsychologist, Harvey J. Irwin.). ISBN: 0900076046. Our Book No: 10409. $12 AUD.
89. McGregor, Barbara (1993). Never Give Up Hope: How Ordinary People Have Saved Their Own Lives with Natural Therapies (1st ed) [Australian WellBeing Self Help Series]. Sydney, Mosman: Australian WellBeing / Wellspring. 198 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, minor edgewear, light foxing title page & inside covers, light foxing edges, top edge last few pages lightly toned. This book has 50 real-life inspiring stories from the writers who show great human spirit when they tackle their problems. ISBN: 0646136542. Our Book No: 24242. $14 AUD.
90. McKenzie, Valerie; McKenzie, Timothy (1984). A Glimpse of Ghosts: Mysterious Places and Haunted Houses of Early Australia. Sydney: Centennial Publications. 160 pp. Hardback narrow octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), black & white text-photos & drawings, few colour photos, endpaper maps, top edge & reverse side jacket little foxed, minor edgewear, minimal annotation (tick mark). The authors and illustrators have travelled all around Australia to collect stories and photographs, and to sense the mystery of haunted houses and strange places visited. ISBN: 0959498230. Our Book No: 15911. $15 AUD.
91. McRae, Ron (1984). Mind Wars: The True Story of Secret Government Research into the Military Potential of Psychic Weapons (Reprint ed). New York: St Martin's. 155 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, good plus condition (in good plus dustjacket), minor edgewear jacket (faint stain reverse side), minor foxing flyleaf & edges, lightly annotated fore-edge (initials). Documents the incredible story of official American research into the military uses of parapsychology at the highest levels of government. ISBN: 0312533187. Our Book No: 20612. $10 AUD.
92. Melton, Gordon J.; Clark, Jerome; Kelly, Aidan A. (1991). New Age Almanac (1st stated ed). Detroit: Visible Ink Press. 479 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, black & white photos, light bump top edge, minor edgewear. This reference book has eight chapters describing hundreds of New Age movements, institutions, and personalities as viewed by the author. ISBN: 0810394022. Our Book No: 24558. $18 AUD.
93. Mikul, Chris (1992). Bizarrism (2 Issues). Sydney: Chris Mikul. 38 +38 pp. Paperback large quarto, very good condition, card cover, stapled, black & white text-photos, minimal edgewear. Issues no 4 and 5 of a short-lived magazine by a Sydney independent researcher (estimated date, about 1992). Humorous reports on Fortean and other strange, deviant, eccentric and "lunatic" phenomena, including cult behaviour. The author later published a book with a similar title (1999, revised 2016). Our Book No: 4202. $30 AUD.
94. Miller, Jessica A.; Rand, William Lee (foreword);Gaia, Laurelle Shanti (foreword), & Lubeck, Walter (foreword) (2006). Reiki's Birthplace: A Guide to Kurama Mountain (1st ed). Sedona, AZ: Infinite Light Healing Studies Center, Inc. 263 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, colour photos (some full-page), illustrated endpapers, rear flyleaf creased (binding error), bottom corner tips covers little worn. The story of Mount Kurama, also known as the Sacred Mountain in Japan, where Mikao Usui, the founder of Usui Reiki, first encountered Reiki. This informative book with the many photos will be a good resource for anyone with an interest in Reiki and its origins. ISBN: 9780967872148. Our Book No: 27532. $30 AUD.
95. Motz, Julie (2000). Hands of Life: Using Your Body's Own Energy Medicine for Healing, Recovery, and Transformation (Reprint ed). New York: Bantam Books. 309 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, minor pencil annotation, cover corner tips little creased, minor edgewear. The author explains her breakthrough form of healing, the ultimate synthesis of Eastern holistic healing and Western medicine. ISBN: 0553379259. Our Book No: 25290. $10 AUD.
96. Nacson, Leon (1993). A Dreamer's Guide to the Galaxy (1st ed). Sydney, Brighton le Sands: What's On The Planet. 136 pp. Paperback, very good condition, minor edgewear, edges lightly toned, few tiny dents rear cover, crease front cover. This is a self-help or new age book about dreams and daydreaming. The author has written a book that is easy to understand, simple in concept, and sprinkled with his unique brand of irreverent humour. ISBN: 0947266038. Our Book No: 26361. $10 AUD.
97. Nacson, Leon (1997). I Must be Dreaming: A Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams. Sydney: Pan Macmillan. 147 pp. Paperback, very good condition, pages faintly toned, minor edgewear. This new age book is full of practical and easy-to-follow techniques that will enable you to remember your dreams. ISBN: 033036023X. Our Book No: 24186. $10 AUD.
98. Newmark, Thomas M.; Schulick, Paul (2000). Beyond Aspirin: Nature's Answer to Arthritis, Cancer & Alzheimer's Disease. Prescott, AZ: Hohm Press. 316 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, black & white drawings, minimal edgewear. Drawing upon the collective wisdom of traditional medical systems and modern science, this book identifies the revered herbs from around the world that most powerfully and comprehensively inhibit COX-2 inflammation, and reverse the diseases caused by inflammation. ISBN: 0934252823. Our Book No: 24459. $12 AUD.
99. Nielsen, Peter (1986). The Secrets of Radionics: A Practical Guide to Subtle Energy Systems. Faulconbridge, NSW: Maggie's Farm. 8 pp. Paperback small octavo, stapled pamphlet, very good condition, black & white photos & drawings, minor creasing & edgewear. The first issue of a foreshadowed quarterly magazine. Our Book No: 3742. $10 AUD.
100. O'Grady, Annie (1997). Past Lifetimes: Keys for Change (1st ed). Burra Creek, NSW: Sally Milner Publishing. 207 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, small mark fore-edge, minor edgewear. Australian writer discusses reincarnation, including the experiences of many individuals. ISBN: 1863511709. Our Book No: 24088. $10 AUD.
101. O'Neill, Arthur (1994). Enemies Within and Without: Educating Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Traditional Acupuncturists. Melbourne: La Trobe University Press. 252 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, minor edgewear. Entertaining history about the difficulties arising from setting up tertiary education courses in Australia for these three allied health professions. ISBN: 1863244131. Our Book No: 6297. $22 AUD.
102. Oommen, Tom (2003). Chelation in Occlusive Vascular Disorders. Mangalore: Oommens Charitable Trust. 142 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition. This unconventional therapy is described in detail by an Indian clinical pharmacologist and academic. Our Book No: 13531. $40 AUD.
103. Ostrander, Sheila; Schroeder, Lynn (1997). Psychic Discoveries: The Iron Curtain Lifted (1st U.K. ed). London: Souvenir Press. 428 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), black & white photos, minor foxing reverse side jacket (minor edgewear), pages lightly toned as usual. A stunning voyage into psychic realms and the far galaxies of human potential. With eight pages of photographs and leads that point the way into the future, this is the most comprehensive book available on the parapsychological discoveries in Russia and Eastern Europe. The first part of the book is an abridged reprint of a book originally published in 1971. The second part provides an update, accompanying an upsurge of interest because of the current political transition and turmoil in Russia. ISBN: 0285634097. Our Book No: 21222. $20 AUD.
104. Ozaniec, Naomi (1999). The Element Tarot Handbook: An Initiation into the Key Elements of the Tarot (Reprint ed). Dorset / Melbourne: Element Books. 180 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, figures, few tiny scratches covers, minor edgewear. This book is clearly written and easy to access. There are exercises on intuition and meditation included. ISBN: 185230488X. Our Book No: 21531. $10 AUD.
105. Parks, Tim (2010). Teach Us to Sit Still: A Sceptic's Search for Health and Healing (1st ed) [Skeptic's Search]. London: Harvill Secker. 335 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings, tiny chip top spine, base spine lightly rubbed, minor edgewear. This book is the thought-provoking and entertaining story of the author's adventures in complementary health and meditation to find a way to overcome his ill health. ISBN: 9781846553998. Our Book No: 25946. $10 AUD.
106. Payne, Mark (1993). How to Beat Hayfever. London: Thorsons. 201 pp. Paperback trade, good plus condition, pages lightly toned as usual, cover corner creased, minor edgewear. A practical guide to dealing with hayfever by a British doctor and expert in environmental medicine and allergy. ISBN: 0722528299. Our Book No: 3816. $10 AUD.
107. Perry, Michael (1992). Gods Within: A Critical Guide to the New Age. London: SPCK. 178 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, minor edgewear, tiny crease front cover, top corner rear cover lightly creased, faint foxing edges. The author talks about the ideas, techniques, and personalities of the New Age, and then asks what the Church needs to do in order to answer the challenges this movement presents as we approach the third Christian millennium. ISBN: 028104595X. Our Book No: 23933. $10 AUD.
108. Peters, Ted (1991). The Cosmic Self: A Penetrating Look at Today's New Age Movements (1st stated ed). New York: HarperCollins. 221 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, faint foxing edges, remainder star. In this balanced, fair, yet critical exploration, the author takes readers on an unusual expedition into New Age ideas, beliefs, and hopes. This book will interest anyone who wants to understand popular New Age trends and movements. ISBN: 0060665068. Our Book No: 23949. $14 AUD.
109. Pierrakos, Eva (1990). The Pathwork of Self-Transformation. New York: Bantam. 263 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, top edge faintly foxed, minor edgewear, sticker mark inside rear cover. The core teachings of her spirit guide have been collected in one volume synthesizing the essential wisdom of the Pathwork. ISBN: 0553348965. Our Book No: 21458. $10 AUD.
110. Pinn, Graham (2003). Herbal Medicine: A Practical Guide for Medical Practitioners (1st stated ed). Melbourne: Blackwell Publishing. 174 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, colour photos, tables, corner tip creased front cover, remainder stripe. Written for doctors and health care professionals in order to clarify what herbal and other plant therapy has been proven effective and what remains conjecture. The author has sourced information from a variety of sources, including traditional use, scientific study, folk use and anecdotal accounts. ISBN: 0867934328. Our Book No: 20787. $30 AUD.
111. Plasse, Harvey; Masline, Shelagh Ryan (2002). Sinusitis Relief. New York: Owl / Henry Holt. 211 pp. Paperback wide trade, very good condition, minor edgewear. What you need to know about sinusitis: causes, prevention, self-care, medications, complementary health. Senior author is American professor of otolaryngology. ISBN: 0805068058. Our Book No: 15315. $10 AUD.
112. Qingnan, Zeng (1998). Methods of Traditional Chinese Health Care [Chinese Health Guide Series]. London & Kuala Lumpur: Maclaren. 164 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings, top edge lightly marked, minor edgewear. This book is a guide to building up your health the Chinese way. ISBN: 0947889450. Our Book No: 8649. $14 AUD.
113. Rampa, T. Lobsang (1960). The Rampa Story (1st ed). London: Souvenir Press. 256 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), some minor foxing, protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. First edition. The bestselling author of "The Third Eye" and "Doctor from Lhasa" here attempts to answer his critics. The former Englishman claimed that his body had been taken over by the spirit of a Tibetan Lama who provided extraordinary personal powers. (The critics were later found to be correct, and the Lama books are works of fiction.). Our Book No: 15652. $25 AUD.
114. Rangdrol, Tsele Natsok (1989). The Mirror of Mindfulness: The Cycle of the Four Bardos. Boston: Shambhala. 128 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, light foxing edges, tiny black spot bottom edge, minor edgewear. Presents the Tibetan Buddhist teachings on the four bardos, or intermediate states - life, death, afterlife, rebirth - so as to help the practitioner to achieve liberation from the cycle of rebirths and attain enlightenment for the welfare of others. This book condenses Rangdrol's knowledge of the teachings of the Kagyu and Nyingma lineages as well as the Kalachakra system in a way that applies to the student's individual level of meditation experience. ISBN: 0877734577. Our Book No: 23931. $12 AUD.
115. Rawcliffe, D. H.; Huxley, Julian (foreword) (1959). Occult and Supernatural Phenomena (Reprint ed). New York: Dover Publications. 551 pp. Paperback small octavo, good plus condition, few black & white text-photos (including frontispiece), covers little creased, top edge lightly foxed, bottom edge rubbed, minor edgewear. Applies the stern light of rational examination to hundreds of persistent "illusions and delusions" of mankind, such as (as listed on the front cover): stigmata, poltergeists, seances, ESP and telepathy, hypnotism, firewalking, mystical experience, lycanthropy, peyotl visions, auras, levitation, automatic writing. Our Book No: 18238. $15 AUD.
116. Rhine, Louisa E. (1981). The Invisible Picture: A Study of Psychic Experiences (1st ed). Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company. 267 pp. Hardback octavo, no jacket as issued, good condition, spine little slack, edges lightly foxed, edgewear. The leading parapsychologist, Dr Louisa Rhine reports on over 40 years of investigations into the psychic experiences of an enormous variety of ordinary people. The most comprehensive summary study of anecdotal evidence for the existence of psychic phenomena ever published. She and her husband J. B. Rhine, were the primary developers of parapsychological research in the 20th century, first at Duke University, then independently. ISBN: 0899500153. Our Book No: 10179. $15 AUD.
117. Roberts, Ron (2007). Asthma Controlled Naturally: Techniques that Work (Revised, reprint ed). Sydney: New Holland. 239 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, minor edgewear, slight bump base spine. Explains how complementary treatments can be used to alleviate the symptoms of asthma. Provides detailed explanations of how breathing exercises, dietary adjustments and a range of therapies can help people affected by asthma. Written by a naturopath, acupuncturist and chiropractor with a long history of working with sufferers of asthma. ISBN: 9781741105940. Our Book No: 26451. $15 AUD.
118. Roberts, Ron; Sammut, Judy (1996). Asthma: An Alternative Approach (1st ed). Melbourne: Penguin Books. 228 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, black & white drawings, minor edgewear & foxing. Ron Roberts is a naturopath, acupuncturist and chiropractor; he has worked with asthmatics in a number of complementary medical fields for many years. The authors explain how complementary treatments can help. ISBN: 0140260749. Our Book No: 22692. $12 AUD.
119. Rogo, Scott D. (1992). New Techniques of Inner Healing: Conversations with Contemporary Masters of Alternative Healing (1st stated ed). New York: Paragon House. 248 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, minor edgewear, light foxing edges & front flyleaf, covers lightly lifted. The author interviews 11 researchers of spiritual growth and alternative therapies, allowing these self-healing experts to describe the healing process in their own words. ISBN: 1557784922. Our Book No: 24318. $11 AUD.
120. Rose, Ronald; Rhine, J. B. (foreword) (1957). Living Magic: The Realities Underlying the Psychical Practices and Beliefs of Australian Aborigines. New York: Rand McNally. 240 pp. Hardback small, dustjacket, good condition (in good dustjacket), appendices, edges toned & little foxed, jacket creased (small edge pieces missing, edgewear), tape marks endpapers, tick mark front flyleaf, protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. A pioneering investigation into the magical and paranormal beliefs and experiences of Australian Aborigines. Modern parapsychological tests reveals the roles played by ESP, telepathy, hypnotism, psychokinesis, and suggestion in Aboriginal magic. Our Book No: 4247. $20 AUD.
121. Rossman, Martin L. (2000). Guided Imagery for Self-Healing: An Essential Resource for Anyone Seeking Wellness (2nd or revised ed). Tiburon, CA: H. J. Kramer. 280 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, pages faintly toned, minor edgewear as usual. Previously published as "Healing Yourself", this revised and updated second edition incorporates the latest research as well as new methods of using guided imagery techniques. ISBN: 091581188X. Our Book No: 24636. $10 AUD.
122. Schafer, William M.; Daniels, David (foreword) (2009). Roaming Free Inside the Cage: A Daoist Approach to the Enneagram and Spiritual Transformation (1st ed). New York: iUniverse. 185 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, bump top spine, minor edgewear. This book aims to approach the Enneagram from a Daoist perspective. The author explains the basic meaning of Enneagram as a system that describes nine personality types. The author is a clinical psychologist who has worked with children and their families for over forty years. He is a certified teacher of the Enneagram in the Oral Tradition and a student of the Dao. He integrates western psychology with eastern mysticism in this fascinating book. ISBN: 9781440188626. Our Book No: 28065. $20 AUD.
123. Schelde, Karina (2009). Soul Voice: Liberate Your Voice, Enhance Communication & Unlock Creative Expression (2nd ed). Wellington, NZ: Steele Roberts. 198 pp. Hardback wide octavo, pictorial cover, very good plus condition, colour text-photos, top corner rear cover lightly bumped, CD inside rear cover. This book is about voice expression and healing. The author is a passionate and well-known workshop facilitator with a background in alternative healing. ISBN: 9781877448652. Our Book No: 26408. $20 AUD.
124. Schick Jr., Theodore; Vaughn, Lewis; Gardner, Martin (foreword) (1994). How to Think About Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age (Reprint ed). Mountain View, CA: Mayfield Publishing. 299 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, corner rear cover creased, minor edgewear. Helps students to think critically, using examples from the weird claims and beliefs that abound in our culture to demonstrate the sound evaluation of the claims. This text explains step-by-step how to sort through reasons, evaluate evidence, and tell when a claim (no matter how strange) is likely to be true. ISBN: 1559342544. Our Book No: 15063. $15 AUD.
125. Schinner, Miyoko Nishimoto (1999). Japanese Cooking: Contemporary & Traditional: Simple, Delicious and Vegan. Summertown, TN: Book Publishing Company. 176 pp. Paperback square trade, as new condition, black & white vignettes. Japanese-American author and vegetarian draws upon the long tradition of vegetarian cooking in Buddhist temples, as well as the abundance of vegetable and legume-based dishes available in the traditional Japanese cuisine. ISBN: 1570670722. Our Book No: 14440. $12 AUD.
126. Schoen, Allen M. (2001). Kindred Spirits: How the Remarkable Bond Between Humans and Animals Can Change the Way We Live (1st Australian ed). Sydney: Random House. 280 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, faint toning edges, minor edgewear. Treating animals just as any healer would treat human beings, Allen Schoen has become one of America's most celebrated veterinarians. This book shares the transformative power of Schoen's remarkable complementary methods, and his vision for a society in which we will cease to be owner and pet, human and animal, but are simply respected companions. ISBN: 1740510976. Our Book No: 12066. $18 AUD.
127. Schwartz, Stephan A. (editor); Fahrion, Stephen L. (editor) (1990). Subtle Energies: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Energetic and Informational Interactions (11 issues). Golden, CO: ISSSEEM: International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine. na pp. Each issue: Booklet, square octavo format, figures, tables, 96 - 110 pages. Very good plus condition (volume 1-2 has rear cover creased). Very heavy (2.3 Kg), and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. Consists of volume 1(1-2) (1990), 2(1-3) (1991), 3(1-3) (1992), 4(1-3) (1993). Publishes research about systems and energies that interact with human psyche and physiology, either enhancing or perturbing healthy homeostasis. Our Book No: 12394. $95 AUD.
128. Sha, Zhi Gang; Guo, Xiao Gang (2004). Zhi Neng Medicine: Revolutionary Self-Healing Methods from China (2nd, reprint ed). Vancouver: Zhi Neng Press. 222 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition, black & white figures, minimal edgewear. Zhi Neng medicine is a revolutionary new medical science that gives people options never before available in the Western world. Zhi Neng medicine is a unique combination of traditional Chinese medicine, Western medicine, Qi Gong, and the extraordinary functioning of the senses. ISBN: 0968059503. Our Book No: 24973. $15 AUD.
129. Sharan, Farida (1989). Iridology: A Complete Guide to Diagnosing through the Iris and to Related Forms of Treatment (1st ed) [Thorsons Complementary Medicine Textbook]. Wellingborough: Thorsons Publishing. 352 pp. Hardback quarto, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), many figures, top edge front flyleaf & edges & section reverse side jacket lightly foxed, minor edgewear. Heavy (1.2 Kg), and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. By founder of the British School of Iridology, and who has with trained with Bernard Jensen and other experts. A comprehensive textbook suitable for practitioners, students and interested laypersons alike. Includes historical context, relationship to other health fields and to each part of the body, symbolic language of the eyes, and the various eliminative channels. ISBN: 0722516452. Our Book No: 2523. $50 AUD.
130. Sharkey, Ruth (1998). Rebels With a Cause: Living with A.D.D. Advancetown, QLD: Ruth Sharkey. 50 pp. Paperback wide trade, very good plus condition. The author is a herbalist, homeopath and hypnotherapist from the Gold Coast hinterland. She explains ADD and hyperactivity, and uses her knowledge of natural therapies and diets to describe treatments. ISBN: 0958579202. Our Book No: 2629. $13 AUD.
131. Shaw, Non (1998). Bach Flower Remedies: A Step-by-Step Guide [In a Nutshell Series]. Shaftesbury, Dorset: Element Books. 59 pp. Hardback very small, very good condition, pictorial cover (in very good dustjacket), colour text-photos, small dent rear cover & jacket. This compact little book explains how the remedies work, includes all 38 Bach flower remedies and rescue remedies. ISBN: 1862041067. Our Book No: 9668. $10 AUD.
132. Sherrill, W. A.; Chu, W. K. (1989). An Anthology of I Ching (Reprint ed). London: Arkana / Penguin Books. 244 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, tables. Drawn from a number of classical Chinese sources, this informative and helpful book offers some valuable keys to Chinese culture, philosophies and thoughts. ISBN: 0140192069. Our Book No: 21958. $10 AUD.
133. Shulman, Sandra (1979). Nightmare. Newton Abbot, Devon: David & Charles. 224 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in very good dustjacket), black & white photos. A celebration of the nightmare by British writer. Recounts various, often macabre, superstitions which nightmares have engendered, and retells some famous dreams of terror. Examines psychoanalytic and occult interpretations. Nightmare-based prophecy, drug-induced nightmares, and ways of getting rid of nightmares. ISBN: 0715376594. Our Book No: 2818. $12 AUD.
134. Singh, Simon; Ernst, Edzard (2008). Trick or Treatment? Alternative Medicine on Trial. London: Bantam Press. 342 pp. Paperback octavo, very good plus condition. The efficacy of alternative medicine is rigorously addressed for the first time by a qualified scientist. Professor Ernst is the world's first professor of complementary medicine. Having spent over a decade at Exeter University meticulously analyzing the bewildering evidence for and against alternative therapies, this former practitioner of both traditional and complementary medicine brings no bias to the subject. Writing with him is the respected science writer, Simon Singh, who also brings his considerable scientific knowledge and scrupulous impartiality to this most controversial subject, including acupuncture, homeopathy, aromatherapy, reflexology, chiropractic and herbal medicines. ISBN: 9780593059043. Our Book No: 13629. $15 AUD.
135. Skiff, Jennifer (2013). The Divinity of Dogs: True Stories of Miracles Inspired By Man's Best Friend. Sydney: Allen & Unwin. 327 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, black & white text-photos, pages faintly toned, minor edgewear. This very special book is about the moments you learn something profound about life from an experience with a dog. These inspiring and heartwarming true stories show where love, tolerance, comfort, compassion, loyalty, joyfulness and even death have provided experiences that have led to spiritual enlightenment. The author is an advocate for animals, and divides her time between Maine, USA and Perth, Australia, where she is a television producer and journalist. ISBN: 9781743315415. Our Book No: 28393. $18 AUD.
136. Skultans, Vieda (1974). Intimacy and Ritual: A Study of Spiritualism, Mediums and Groups. London: Routledge Kegan Paul. 106 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good plus dustjacket), flap clipped jacket, endpapers lightly toned, minimal edgewear. Based on the author's fieldwork as a participant observer among spiritualists in a South Wales town. She shows how spiritualist beliefs in spirit possession as a cause of ill health can have therapeutic value, and that this is often a physical counterpart of social malaise. ISBN: 0710077602. Our Book No: 9836. $12 AUD.
137. Slate, Joe H. (1988). Psychic Phenomena: New Principles, Techniques and Applications. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. 199 pp. Hardback octavo, no jacket as issued, very good plus condition, figures (black & white text-photos), rubber stamps. (From the library of retired Australian parapsychologist, Harvey Irwin.) By academic psychologist, Athens State College, Alabama. This book is designed to promote involvement in parapsychological research and an understanding a wide range of psychic experiences (theory, workable techniques, and practical applications). He summarises his extensive research studies (published largely in technical reports from the university, dated 1977 to 1986). ISBN: 0899503349. Our Book No: 6249. $15 AUD.
138. Smith, Gordon; Roy, Archie E. (foreword) (2004). Spirit Messenger: The Remarkable Story of a Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Australian ed). London & Sydney: Hay House. 243 pp. Paperback, very good condition. Gordon Smith, Scottish medium shares his life experiences as he realised he had a special gift to comfort the distressed. He displayed his psychic abilities as a child, but did not start to develop as a medium until he had a dream. ISBN: 1401903932. Our Book No: 15083. $10 AUD.
139. Stubbs, Jane (compiler) (1977). To Please the Outward Senses: Extracts from Herbals of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries, Quoted on Labels in the Queen's Garden. Kew, Middlesex: Royal Botanic Gardens. Unnum 13 pp. Paperback narrow octavo, stapled pamphlet (staples rusted), pictorial card cover, very good condition, light brown drawings on mustard-colour paper, minor edgewear. The Queen's Garden has been designed to resemble a garden of the 17th century, incorporating many features found in gardens of that time. The sunken part of the garden contains many plants important in the 17th century, particularly the herbs. Each plant in the sunken herb garden is labeled with its current botanical name, the common name used 300 years ago, and often an extract from a herbal of the day listing its uses. The booklet also warns that some plants mentioned are now known to be poisonous. Our Book No: 23240. $10 AUD.
140. Sulima, Jean; Reading, Chris M. (patron) (1989-1994). SOMA Newsletter (27 issues). Sydney, Bondi Beach: SOMA: Health Association of Australia Ltd. Each issue: 10 pp. Each issue: Foolscap magazine format, stapled top left corner (staples rusted), very good condition, light foxing some issues. Heavy set. SOMA is not an "alternative medicine" group. They advocate complementary, bio-ecological methods, as well as standard practice in general medicine and psychiatry. Includes a few fact sheets, and a statement on orthomolecular medicine (about the proposed expulsion of Dr Chris Reading from the RANZCP: Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists). Our Book No: 13526. $40 AUD.
141. Svoboda, Robert E.; Lade, Arnie; Tierra, Michael (foreword) (1995). Tao and Dharma: Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda (1st stated ed). Twin Lakes, WI: Lotus Press. 155 pp. Paperback octavo, very good condition, black & white drawings, figures, minor edgewear corners. Examines the enduring features of two of the longest and continually practiced systems of medicine. These two indigenous healing arts are from China and India. The authors comparison provides a pioneer effort in examining side by side two systems of medicine, studying closely the historical, theoretical and practical relationships. ISBN: 0914955217. Our Book No: 28420. $12 AUD.
142. Tart, Charles T. (1977). Psi: Scientific Studies of the Psychic Realm (1st p/b ed). New York: E. P. Dutton. 241 pp. Paperback small octavo, good plus condition, figures, top edge foxed, minor edgewear & rubbing, rubber stamps. The noted American academic parapsychologist examines the supportive evidence for psychic abilities. (From the library of retired Australian parapsychologist, Harvey J. Irwin - his rubber stamp.). ISBN: 0525474722. Our Book No: 1731A. $10 AUD.
143. Teillard, A. (Ania) (1961). Spiritual Dimensions. London: Routledge Kegan Paul. 146 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good plus dustjacket), black & white photos, edges & reverse side jacket lightly foxed, protected by removable semiarchival plastic sleeve. A well-known French psychologist and graphologist takes a new orientation in this book. She relates not only dreams with their symbolic meaning, but visions of other worlds or spheres. She compares her own angelic and astral visions with those of Swedenborg, Sri Aurobindo and Aldous Huxley. Our Book No: 20500. $13 AUD.
144. Tenzin, Venerable Thubten (No Date). Eastern Medicine for Western Minds. Mudgee, NSW: Blue Padma Services Inc. 160 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, front cover little creased, minor edgewear. The author discusses the way in which Buddhism can help to heal many illnesses. Our Book No: 25307. $10 AUD.
145. Vallee, Jacques (1977). UFOs: The Psychic Solution (UFO Influences on the Human Race). St Albans, Herts: Panther. 221 pp. Paperback, good condition, pages toned, edges lightly foxed, edgewear, rubber stamps. Originally published as "The Invisible College". His fourth work on the puzzling UFO contactee phenomena. Supposes that aspects such as flying objects, space and time distortions, and newly-developed psychic powers, are a kind of human consciousness "control system" or "psychic reality". ISBN: 0586046534. Our Book No: 17100. $10 AUD.
146. Van Wyk, Ben-Erik; Wink, Michael (2004). Medicinal Plants of the World: An Illustrated Scientific Guide to Important Medicinal Plants and Their uses (1st ed). Pretoria: Briza Publications. 480 pp. Hardback large octavo, pictorial cover, very good plus condition, colour text-photos. Heavy (1.3 Kg), and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. A detailed description (with colour photos) of 320 common medical plants worldwide, and a quick guide to 100s of other rarer plants. Includes chapters on health complaints that can be treated by these plants. (An update of his 1997 book on South African species.). ISBN: 1875093443. Our Book No: 9926. $45 AUD.
147. Vogt, Douglas; Sultan, Gary (1978). Reality Revealed: The Theory of Multidimensional Reality. San Jose, CA: Vector Associates. 468 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in good plus dustjacket), figures, black & white text-photos, base spine bumped, edgewear jacket (spine ends torn & repaired reverse side). Heavy, and extra postage may be requested to destinations outside Australia. The author's expound their "Theory of Multidimensional Reality" to explain numerous unexplained scientific phenomena, such as Kirlian Photography, Pyramid Energy, Psychic Phenomena, Crystal Formation - but also allegedly better explains more conventional phenomena such as Electricity, Gravity, Magnetism, Light, Quasars, Black Holes, Polar Reversals and the Expanding Universe. ISBN: 0930808010. Our Book No: 16535. $35 AUD.
148. Weatherhead, Leslie D. (1968). Psychology, Religion and Healing (Reprint ed). London: Hodder & Stoughton. 544 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good condition (in good dustjacket), light foxing edges, minor edgewear jacket (rear cover lightly marked, flap clipped, minor insect damage rear flap edge), faint toning endpapers, rubber stamp. This book is a critical study of all the non-physical methods of healing, with an examination of the principles underlying them and the techniques employed to express them, together with some conclusions regarding further investigation in this field. Our Book No: 24641. $20 AUD.
149. Weeks, Nora; Diamond, John (appreciation) (1979). The Medical Discoveries of Edward Bach, Physician. New Canaan, CT: Keats Publishing. 141 pp. Paperback trade, good plus condition, front cover creased, minor foxing edges, minor edgewear, sticker mark front cover. This authoritative account by one of his closest associates presents the dramatic story of Dr. Bach's life and work, of his discoveries, of the storm of controversy they aroused, and finally of the still-continuing success of his healing mission in the USA and throughout the world. ISBN: 0879831979. Our Book No: 24953. $10 AUD.
150. Wells, Mark (2002). Flower Remedies: Feel Better Naturally (1st ed). Melbourne: Lothian Books. 266 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, black & white drawings. This A to Z book lists three types of flower remedies: Flower Essence Society, Bach Flower Remedies, and the Australian Bush Flower Essences. Written by a naturopath and homeopath. ISBN: 0734402449. Our Book No: 23105. $16 AUD.
151. Westcott, Patsy (2005). Food Solutions: Rheumatism & Arthritis: Recipes & Advice to Stop the Pain (Revised ed). London: Hamlyn / Octopus. 224 pp. Paperback trade, very good plus condition, card cover. A self-help book about beating the pain of arthritis, including self-help, orthodox remedies, complementary therapies and nutrition. Includes over 60 recipes to break the cycle of discomfort. ISBN: 0600610586. Our Book No: 16754. $10 AUD.
152. White, Ian (2002). Australian Bush Flower Essences (Reprint ed). Sydney: Bantam Books. 210 pp. Paperback small quarto, very good plus condition, colour photos centre spread, black & white drawings. Using the healing properties of flower essences is an ancient art that spans many cultures. Respected naturopath Ian White has taken this age-old study and applied it to flowering plants of the Australian bush, showing that the energy and power in the ancient land of Australia manifest on the healing properties of its plants. An informative picture of 50 bush flower essences from all over the country, as well as detailed information about their preparation and use in all areas of healing. ISBN: 0947189750. Our Book No: 14604. $18 AUD.
153. White, Rhea A.; Anderson, Roger (1990). Psychic Experiences: A Bibliography (1st ed). Dix Hills, NY: Parapsychology Sources of Information Center. 147 pp. Paperback quarto, very good condition, thin card covers, minor edgewear, covers & bottom corner some pages little creased, faint foxing edges & spine. This bibliography consists of books, chapters, journal and magazine articles, proceedings papers, and dissertations on studying spontaneous psychic experiences or accounts of actual experiences. All of the materials are in English except for a few items in German (with English abstracts) in the Zeitschrift fur Parapsychologie und Grenzgebiete der Psychologie. There are 2,215 items listed under 22 subject categories. ISBN: 0944446116. Our Book No: 26437. $15 AUD.
154. Wilson, Ian (2002). Nostradamus: The Evidence (1st ed). London: Orion Books. 304 pp. Hardback octavo, dustjacket, very good plus condition (in very good dustjacket), black & white text-photos & drawings, minimal edgewear. First edition. This first objective in-depth biography of the famous French physician and prophet vividly sets the man in the context of his own time, whilst also examining the mass industry that for centuries has devoted itself to interpreting his predictions. ISBN: 0752852639. Our Book No: 6454. $20 AUD.
155. Zhongkuo, Bai; Zhong Kuo, Bai (1988). Nerve Stimulation Therapy. Hong Kong: Oceania Typesetters. 380 pp. Paperback trade, very good condition, figures, colour photos spread, two foldout plates, minor foxing top edge, minor edgewear. (Estimated date: 1988, latest date in text.). This Chinese therapy mixes acupuncture and Western medicine. Invented by Professor Sun Huiqing in 1919, and then passed on to his adopted son, Bai Zhongkuo. Revision of an earlier text. SALE PRICE. ISBN: 9627820067. Our Book No: 11808. $10 AUD.